I'm going to go over some real basic troubleshooting that could potentially resolve some issues for you, without having to file a support ticket or reach out to our LiveChat staff.
Initial Steps to Look At
So when there's an issue with a Target List not showing up, or Sugar [text] fields aren't showing up, or there's a general error happening; the first thing you should look at is your SymSync to make sure everything is configured (learn how to setup SymSync here). Now in order to view the SymSync, you'll have to either be the admin INBOX25 username or have access to the admin INBOX25 username.
So, once logged in as the admin, you click the top right icon on your INBOX25 dashboard. You'll be taken to Symsync. Now if everything is right, and you've got SymSync configured, it should look like this:
Now, while you're on the Symsync dashboard, there's one other thing you can check. You can check to see if the appropriate modules are synced over:
As you can see, I've configured all of my modules. To delve deeper, to see why fields aren't showing up in INBOX25 or records aren't showing up, you'll click on 'Manual Sync' to see if the fields are selected. You'll be brought to this screen (in this example, I clicked Leads Module).
From this screen, all fields within the module of Sugar appear. If you've created custom fields, they will also show. Simply checking the box and pressing Save will start the manual sync over to INBOX25. At this time, it's recommended to wait for the sync to end. The module will change from that green checkmark to this:
Once the sync is finished your fields should appear, and any records that for some reason have not been synced over will now be synced over. Great!
So, when creating automated campaigns and you're going to send out emails to records, the lists you've selected are showing up as (0) records for that list, but you KNOW there are records in this list. So what gives?
INBOX25 allows you to interact with records assigned to you. As the admin, you will have access to all records, but as an INBOX25 user, you will only have access to records assigned to you in SugarCRM or lists the admin has given you permissions for. So in order to send email campaigns as an user, you will have to have the admin assign the list or records to you in order for you to be able to send out the campaign.
Another issue that has occurred is that email campaigns are ready to be sent out, but they never sent! What did you do INBOX25!
Email campaigns will sometimes delay for the following reasons:
1.There is a recipient list with (0) records in it
2.Target List contains records with invalid email addresses
3.Lists selected are in the process of updating (either from SymSync or manual entry from SugarCRM)
In the case of #3, this means if you've selected the manual sync from SymSync or you are manually updating the Target List (meaning adding/removing, deleting). For more info on Troubleshooting Target Lists, refer here.
Now, sometimes campaigns are not being sent for other reasons that have nothing to do with an error, but rather because of they way they were set up. Here are some examples.
- Email campaigns send based on the wait connector of an automated campaign for Send Email actions (you configure the delivery window for a Send Email)
- You configure a delivery interval for Content Stream. Automated Campaigns work on the wait connector AND the delivery interval set in the Content Stream.
Automated Campaign Troubles
When creating Automated Campaigns, there is the assumption that they are invincible logic machines that will do anything and everything you tell them to do. Well, in fact:
Automated Campaign logic is very sensitive. As a best practice, we always tell users to plan out what they'd like the system to do before implementing it. So, when something in the automated campaign doesn't trigger or doesn't touch records, here are a few reasons why that might have happened.
- Data Field condition didn't work (data field conditions are case sensitive, so if you're using this as a condition, make sure to replicate exactly the database value as it would appear in SugarCRM to get your intended results)
- Campaigns->open condition didn't trigger. (Make sure that the right content you're looking to trigger is selected. Also, it's advised to dedicate an automated campaign for the Campaigns condition. That way, the logic won't be muddied and you'll be able to successfully have the specified action execute upon the Campaigns condition's criteria being met)
- Workflow isn't working now, but it was working fine before. (This is almost always because of changes made to the automated campaign post activation. It's strongly suggested not to do this. If changes need to be made after activation, clone the campaign, make the changes, pause the old campaign, then play the new one.**)
- I paused the workflow because I needed to make changes, then played it again and now the records aren't moving through the workflow. (It's because the workflow was paused. Pausing the workflow freezes it in its tracks, and when pausing after records have been matched/touched causes unintended consequences. Same thing as the point above, just clone the campaign, make your changes, play the new one. That should do it.)
**The exception to this is when making changes to Content Streams. That is alright to do post activation, as the Content Stream could technically run forever as long as their is content to stream! Additionally, you could technically make a change to a workflow that is active, as long as no records have made it to that part of the workflow. But to reiterate, this is simply not recommended.