SymSync Scheduler is an alternative to our real time SugarCRM integration SymSync. For a better understanding, updates are triggered to SymSync using the after_save logic hook option in SugarCRM. Immediately after a record is updated and the change is recorded to the database, SymSync is triggered. This turn-around time for this process is typically around 0.010 seconds. Updates to reflect back into our platform typically take between 1-2 seconds.
In the alternative SymSync Scheduler will run an hourly sync of your entire SugarCRM instance updating all changes made within that time period. The sync is run at the top of every hour.
When To Consider SymSync Scheduler?
- SymSync Scheduler can become a viable option for those noticing slow downs when navigating through SugarCRM after SymSync has been enabled. In this instance the overhead created by the SymSync action being added to your save process, might be slowing things down. This is usually a sign that there is latency in the network connection between your workstation(s) and our network.
- SymSync functionality is activated in your CRM when the following are true: 1. The module is both installed and configured for your SugarCRM user account 2. You have an active Pro Marketer Plan. For those with a large number of SugarCRM users, our module will need to be configured on each user's SugarCRM instance to activate real time updates. As an alternative SymSync Scheduler will run an hourly sync across your entire SugarCRM instance detecting and reflecting changes made by users with and without the module configured.
SymSync Scheduler Specifics
Although SymSync Scheduler works on an hourly cron, we do keep certain actions pushing data to SugarCRM in real time. Those actions are as follows:
- Update Field action (within automation)
- Assign Record action (within automation)
- Alert Agent action(within automation)
- Form Conversions (Using SymSync Scheduled Task)
- Edit field in Timeline Intelligence Report
We'll keep most actions pushing data to SugarCRM in real time. Any updates made directly within SugarCRM will wait for the hourly scan to push back to our system. Ex:
- New Record Creation
- Updating Record Data
Activating SymSync Scheduler
To activate SymSync Scheduler hover over Settings--->Integrations--->SugarCRM
Select "Enable SugarCRM Scheduled Sync"--->Insert SugarCRM Administrator Credentials--->Update.
Once SymSync Scheduler is activated your SymSync dashboard will display a countdown ending and restarting at the top of every hour when the scan is run. (See below)